Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 2

Last week my husband was sick, now my youngest is ill. This also means no leaving the house for training run , ride or swim. So, I bought a Road ID online while watching the Tour. Considering all the time spent training solo, figured it couldn't hurt. got one for my hubby & mom too. "u never know till u try" went on the bottom line. Famous last words I guess.
Lucky for me, my family lives close & dad agreed to watch little sick one for an hour so I could ride. Joined by mom & a friend a quick spin was over in no time.
Later, i squeezed in 2500 in the local pool. Surprised how quickly the swim went by & how enjoyable it was.

Day 3
Still nursing a sick baby. I was able to get in a quick run at dawn. She was reading a book & waited for me to get home before getting out of bed. Nightswimming. Thunderstorms all afternoon prevented my workout until late in the day. Glad Em was feeling better & joined me at the SB pool where she played around in my lane while I swam 2300.

Day 4
Cherohala Skyway ride. We started the day with intentions of climbing for a few hours on my favorite roads. Thunderstorms forced us to turn around mid ride. The ride up to the fish hatchery was a beautiful one though. We rode for about 4 hours, give or take. We spent a good 30 minutes huddled under a tin roof of a local store at the fishing village on the Tellico river. The final sprint for the cars was a ride for our lives, to avoid being struck by lightning. I would post pictures, but I was literally soaked from high humidity as soon as the ride started, & stayed that way the entire ride, so no phone, no pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment