Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 5

Excited to use my Garmin Forerunner 305 since getting the HR strap working, today I went for a run in the woods. It's been 5 years since I've used this training piece, since my last IM. The tech support at Garmin helped me get it working in just a few minutes, making my day.
After a long day spent in ICU skills day & stressing over a test, my mind & body needed a release. But first, I had to watch the Tour...Thor! It did not disappoint. That inspirational ride in stage 13 was enough to get me off the couch, into my running shoes & onto the trail. I loaded my SUP in hopes of hitting the water after my run @ Harrison Bay. It was almost sunset & the full moon would be rising tonight making for an epic start to my weekend.
This being only my 3rd run in months, it was with skepticism that I ventured alone onto the trail armed with Garmin & Iphone. To make things even better, Ryan is Dead was playing through my earbuds. Ryan Adams combined with Grateful Dead live, in my head, in the woods, perfect. Deep humidity, thick forest & fresh air enveloped me. I ran across 2 does with 2 fawn no taller than my knees. We just stared at each other, then kept running in opposite directions.
A storm was rolling in. When I broke out of the woods, the sky was black & winds were blowing. This is not the best paddling weather nor is it optimal for moon watching.Oh well, there's always tomorrow. My mom van made me giggle though, paddleboard on top, Cervelo inside, running shoes, cycling shoes, helmet, paddle, towel...a vehicle for moms on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment