Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1, Ironman journey begins

MoJo/ (with a demo seat that Im not too sure about)
Ouch my legs! After a weekend of bicycle racing & relaying the bike leg of the Chattanooga Waterfront triathlon (which we won) I started Ironman training today. Hot pink skies met me this morning as I stepped out for my first run in what feels like years (months). I managed to run the full workout, surprisingly, & realized how much I miss running.
   I have been focusing on bicycle racing the passed 2 years, which did not allow for running. (coach says it fatigues the legs & hampers recovery). I love riding, I love riding fast, but not enough to give up running any longer. Ironman Cozumel is a graduation gift to myself. The whole family is going down for a vacation @ Thanksgiving & we are going to start it off with an Ironman race. My 2nd IM. IM CDA 2006 was my first.
  So, 2 a days are back on the calender. Later tonight, I got in the water at the Chicamauga Dam with the Chattanooga Triathlon Club & swam 1 mile in the open water. Kind of a big deal for my first swim in a very long time, at least to me. Finally finding my stroke in the last 1/4 mile, felt like I could have swam 2 miles easy. This was very encouraging.



  At home, my youngest is ill, so somehow I will have to manage how to get my workouts in tomorrow with her sick at home. Sounds like I might actually have to ride the trainer, in July! Ugh.
Well, my legs are sufficiently tired, & it's time to recover. It's been a pretty great day.


Our team that won yesterday


No comments:

Post a Comment