Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Taper Time! Ironman Wisconsin, ready or not!

9 days until race day at Ironman Wisconsin, where I will attempt to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles of hills & run 26.2 miles around Madison with 2500 other athletes. With the extra time due to tapering, though I'd reflect on the journey up to this point.
One of my favorite rides includes a 4 mile climb up Fort mountain; the view.
Ive been asked the question:"why do an Ironman?" Well, my answer is, I enjoy riding my bike long hours, its cathartic. I enjoy running & persistently trying to push the pace. Can't say I enjoy swimming, because I don't. It's a means to an end, so I do it. Every work out in the pool feels like a huge accomplishment, but that in itself is rewarding.
6 hours with you & your friend, a couple bikes & the open road, what's not to love?
Over the last 7 months, my training has been solid. Managed to dodge potential injuries so far, which is a full time job in itself. The Isagenix foods definitely played a part in injury prevention, as I could feel how my body recovered better than before I started eating the foods. Too bad it can't do anything to prevent my toenails from falling off or the blisters & saddle sores!
Now, looking back on all the fun, its been a great ride.
Sometimes, when I didn't feel like riding by myself, I tagged along with the boys.

But most of the time, I ride alone. (with Eminem)

Have been blessed with an excellent swimming facility, never crowded.

Toenails are overrated.

One of my favorite things, seeing the sunrise. Beautiful

The Argon, Kask & Giro, all a part of me now.

A day in my life. Strength,swim, bike, run, recover

Yeah!



Lime cucumber Gatorade, Yum!!! I train hard for this stuff.

One of the best training days spent around Chattanooga

Some great running partners, Sunday Runday!! So thankful for these girls.

My daughters encouraging me all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment