Thursday, February 14, 2013

2013; New Beginings

It's only February & already, life is full of adventures! From a birthday run around Cade's Cove in the snow, to an epic training ride in the North Carolina Mountains, never a dull moment. Lot's of running, swimming & cycling happening here in the early months. Trying to keep from injury is another full time job too!
     Training has been keeping me busy lately. That & work, family, travel & fun. I can securely apply the motto "Work hard, Play hard, Party hard" to my life.
     Since January first, there have been some changes to my life. New coach, Steven Bentley from Canada has me training hard. He also has me eating Isagenix to supplement my nutrition. Bentley was my original Ironman coach, years ago for my first IM CDA. His expertise & coaching style impressed me so back then. I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.
    The Isagenix foods have impressed me as well. Using the shakes as a recovery product seems to be a perfect match. As the year progresses my goal is to continue updating my Isagenix journey. Since it's so very new to me, all that can be said about it at this point, is it is a solid product & I will continue to use it.
Can you see the moon?

How to navigate this so early in my run?
     For my big 37th birthday & to celebrate both my husband's & my brother's birthday's, our family rented a cabin near Pigeon Forge, Tn. When nobody bit on my invite to climb Mt. LeConte, I decided to run the cove. This is an 11 mile scenic road or trail that is closed to cars if you get there early, & I did. What a spiritual experience! I was the only runner in the park, had the whole place to myself & some wild animals. This was the perfect way to celebrate!
     After the run, we relaxed around the fire, in the hot tub, played Pictionary & Rook. We woke up the next day to >3 inches of SNOW! It was quite beautiful & peaceful. So blessed to have such a wonderful family & very thankful for the health & fitness to be able to do the things that ring my bell :)


No comments:

Post a Comment